Auto Repair Career Diploma
Learn Auto Repair – at home, at your own pace with Penn Foster College.
Get started on your path to becoming an auto repair technician with Penn Foster College’s Automotive Technician training program.
Penn Foster’s Automotive Repair Technician Program, developed by ASE Master Technicians and leading experts in the field of automotive technology, will teach you relevant skills and subject matter.
Prepare to Take the ASE Certification Exams
The Penn Foster College Automotive Repair Technician Program was developed by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technicians and leading experts in the field of automotive technology. You’ll learn relevant skills and study the subjects that can help prepare you for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence Certification exams.
To prepare students to enter the automotive repair field by studying the major automotive systems and the procedures for troubleshooting and repairing those systems.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to…
- Identify automotive systems and engine components, and describe how the systems and parts work together to make a vehicle run
- Describe the process of removing an engine from a vehicle and performing an engine rebuild
- Recognize safety procedures that should be followed in an automotive repair shop, and list the various hand tools and specialized tools used when working with automotive systems
- Recognize the steps necessary to attain certification in the automotive repair field
- Identify different types of engines and the factors that affect engine performance
- Describe how to perform routine maintenance procedures, including oil changes and tune-ups
- Identify the theory and operation of automotive systems, including the cooling, lubrication, ignition, fuel, and electrical systems
- Recognize how to troubleshoot problems on automotive systems, including lubrication, fuel, cooling, ignition, and electrical systems
- Explain how to inspect and work on a vehicle’s brake system
- Identify vehicle computer systems, including how they allow technicians to diagnose and repair system malfunctions
- Describe the steering and suspension systems, including the alignment process, and identify how worn parts affect a vehicle
Start learning about engine types, automotive fuel systems, suspensions and more with Penn Foster’s auto mechanic school!CALL NOW FOR SAVINGS OFFERS
As a leader in online education, Penn Foster helps students take the first steps toward a new career with over 50 diploma and certificate programs. Our online programs are regionally and nationally accredited, flexible, and affordable. You will get the quality you deserve with our faculty of instructors and industry experts, support from our active student community, and career services you can start using as soon as you enroll.
To take advantage of our special TUITION DISCOUNTS or to ask questions about any of our programs, please call us toll-free at 1.888.427.1600, or click below to request more information.CALL NOW FOR SAVINGS OFFERS