Construction Technology Associate Degree
Earn your Associate degree in Construction Technology online – at home, at your own pace.
At Penn Foster College, you can earn your associate degree in Construction Technology specializing in residential and light commercial construction.
Your courses include Introduction to Construction Technology, Introduction to Technical Drawings, Construction Materials and Methods, Basic Surveying and Measurement, and much more. And as part of the program, you’ll have access to a three-year student version of AutoCAD® from Autodesk.®
In this online degree program, you can learn theory and knowledge in areas that provide the technical and managerial expertise in Construction Technology.
Online Construction Technology degree program
As a student in the Construction Technology online degree program, you’ll be required to complete a three-credit resident lab course in the fourth semester. The Pennsylvania State University in Harrisburg offers a course annually in the spring that meets the requirements for this lab. All registrations are handled by Penn State University. You may receive transfer credit for this resident lab course from another institution, providing the coursework matches the criteria set by Penn Foster College. You may qualify to receive credit for this lab by submitting a life/work experience portfolio showing that you acquired similar skills to those emphasized in the laboratory training.
The Construction Technology Program can help students take the first step toward a career in residential and light commercial construction. Here are a few qualities that effective construction managers have in common:
- Detail oriented: It’s important to have a sharp eye and check things twice.
- Careful: Being cautious helps prevent accidents or injury.
- Honest: Constructing buildings for others requires integrity and a good sense of ethics.
- Persistent: Your job requires focus and determination in the face of obstacles.
Join over 30,000 active students and take advantage of Penn Foster’s flexible and affordable online associate and bachelor’s degree programs, undergraduate certificate programs, and individual college courses.
Nationally accredited – and at an average cost of $79 per credit – other schools do not match our combination of convenience, quality and affordability. Many of our college credits are also recommended by ACE CREDIT. Although every college makes its own decision on the transferability of credits, ACE CREDIT recommendations are considered by more than 2,000 of its participating institutions, helping you get the quality credits you deserve.
To take advantage of our special TUITION DISCOUNTS or to ask questions about any of our programs, please call us toll-free at 1.888.427.1600, or click below to request more information.
* The Final Semester at No Cost promotion does not include any practicum or resident lab training fees. To qualify for this offer, A.S. degree students must complete and pay in full for at least 30 Penn Foster credits and B.S. degree students must complete and pay in full for at least 60 Penn Foster credits prior to the final semester.