Home Inspector Career Diploma
Learn the skills you need to become a Home Inspector – at home, at your own pace with Penn Foster.
There are certain skills you need to begin a career as a Home Inspector. The Penn Foster Home Inspector program helps you develop them quickly and conveniently. You’ll learn about:
- Construction methods
- Inspection standards and building codes and regulations
- Interior and exterior inspections
- Inspecting electric, heating, air conditioning, and plumbing systems
- Starting your own home inspection business
And you’ll take your Home Inspector program at home – no classroom needed! This Penn Foster distance learning program is like having your own personal Home Inspector school!
Why complete a Home Inspector program? With the right credentials, you can:
- Earn as much as $52,000 per year.1
- Work for an architectural or real estate firm, or state or local government.
- Work for an existing home inspection firm or start your own business!
Demand for Home Inspectors will increase to over 18% by 2020.1 Well-trained workers will have especially favorable opportunities!
Because state licensing regulations vary for Home Inspectors, we recommend that you check with the licensing agency in your state to find out what requirements you’ll need to fulfill to obtain your license.
Join over 13,000 graduates who earned their career diploma or certificate in 2016 by exploring a wide variety of career programs in a number of diverse industries.
As a leader in online education, Penn Foster Career School helps students take the first steps toward a new career with over 80 diploma and certificate programs. Our online programs are regionally and nationally accredited, flexible, and affordable. You will get the quality you deserve with our faculty of instructors and industry experts, support from our active student community, and career services you can start using as soon as you enroll.
To take advantage of our special TUITION DISCOUNTS or to ask questions about any of our programs, please call us toll-free at 1.888.427.1600, or click below to request more information.
* The Final Semester at No Cost promotion does not include any practicum or resident lab training fees. To qualify for this offer, A.S. degree students must complete and pay in full for at least 30 Penn Foster credits and B.S. degree students must complete and pay in full for at least 60 Penn Foster credits prior to the final semester.
1 Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2020. Source: “Occupational Outlook Handbook,” a publication of the U.S. Department of Labor.