Child Care Professional
Prepare for a career in Child Care — at home, at your own pace with Penn Foster.
Prepare to pursue a career as a child care professional with Penn Foster Career School’s online Child Care Professional Career Diploma program! Start learning new skills at home, on your own time, at your own pace. The Child Care Professional Career Diploma program helps students prepare for entry-level positions such as a Teacher Aide, Preschool Aide, In-home Child Care Provider, or Nanny. The program will also provide 38 continuing education units (CEUs) for students working with children ages birth through eight.
And you’ll learn it all at home — no classroom needed! Get the latest information on licensing, accreditation and certification, working with parents, and financing and budgeting your child care center — exactly what you need to start your career in Child Daycare Management.
Why choose Penn Foster:
- Choose between two Specializations: Family Child Care or Center-Based, to tailor your program based on what child care setting you’d like to work in
- Get in-field training with the optional work experiences available in this program
- Participate in live webinars with your instructors and peers
- Program includes projects that will teach you real-world application of knowledge
- Some of your course credits can be transferred to Penn Foster College’s Early Childhood Education Associate degree program
- If you are interested in seeking your CDA (Child Development Associate) credential, your program closely aligns with the eight educational areas as mandated by the Council for Professional Recognition and can be used as the educational component prerequisite
- Program aligns to the outcomes for quality education of the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC)
Your program includes:
- Your personalized online student homepage and learning portal
- Textbooks and learning aids
- Access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online Student Community, plus immediate membership in the Child Care Professional academic group
- Customize your study plans and keep track of your progress with goal-setting and progress-tracking tools
- Instructional support from our experienced faculty. All of the faculty in this program are Professional Development Specialists as approved by the CDA Council
- Customized payment plans with 0% interest
- Additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising
- Enjoy career independence.
- Start your own business.
- Work for an established Child Day Care center.
Demand for professional child care providers will increase to over 20% by 2020.* As more and more parents search for reliable, quality child care, the need will continue to grow! That means career opportunity for you!
Respected and Accredited
Earn your Diploma from regionally and nationally accredited Penn Foster Career School. Over 13 million students have enrolled in our programs, making Penn Foster one of the largest and most respected distance learning institutions in the world.
Enroll Today – Start Today
There’s never been a better time to start working toward a new career or business of your own. And you can start immediately – today if you want.
At Penn Foster, you can train for a new career at a price that won’t break the bank.
Call us toll free at for special tuition savings offers, payment options, information on 0% interest, or any questions you might have about our programs.
** Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2020. Source: “Occupational Outlook Handbook,” a publication of the U.S. Department of Labor. Statements found in the United States Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook are not a guarantee of any post-graduation salary, in part because the data used to create the Occupational Outlook Handbook includes workers from differing educational backgrounds, levels of experience, and geographic areas of the country.